Pizza is a delicious and versatile dish that can be customized with a variety of toppings to suit your taste preferences. Here’s a basic recipe for making pizza:
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pizza sauce
- Toppings of your choice (e.g. pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, peppers, etc.)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Stir gently and let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes or until it becomes foamy.
- Add the flour, salt, and olive oil to the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon or your hands until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a clean, oiled bowl and cover with a damp towel. Let the dough rise for about an hour or until it doubles in size.
- Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C) and prepare a baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Roll out the dough to your desired thickness and shape on a floured surface.
- Place the rolled-out dough on the prepared baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over the dough, leaving a small border around the edges.
- Add cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Bake the pizza for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
Enjoy your homemade pizza!